Iranian Journal of Forest , commits to abide by professional ethic and scientific values. To this aim, the following points are compulsory as ethical principles for the members of the editorial board, authors and reviewers:
1- Ethical principles of the editorial board members:
- Objectivity in evaluating the submitted manuscripts solely based on their scientific quality and irrespective of their authors and/or their organizational affiliations.
- Commitment of the editor in chief and the associate editors to the shortest possible time span for evaluation and decision of all submitted manuscripts.
- Communications between the editor in chief and the associated editors for definition of appropriate and scientifically relevant reviewers for each incoming manuscript.
- Thorough evaluation of the editorial board on the innovative aspects of the submitted manuscripts and their compliance with the scopes of the IJF.
- Commitment of the editorial board to maintain the objectivity by not disclosing the information within the manuscripts prior to their publication.
- Making any changes, including those applied to the text and/or to the order of author names, subject to the written confirmations from all co-authors.
- Issuing the certificate of acceptance and publishing the accepted papers following the full completion of all peer-reviewing steps and by considering the date of final acceptance.
2- Ethical principles of the reviewers:
- Avoiding to peer-review a manuscript in case of technical irrelevance to the field of reviewer.
- Completion of peer-review and communication of the results to the editorial board within the shortest possible time span.
- Objective and thorough evaluation of the manuscripts.
- Commitment to the professional secrecy concerning the information and content of the manuscript.
- Abiding by the deadline defined by the journal editorial and submission of the clear and scientifically-sound comments,
- Compliance with the general ethical principles in commenting and evaluating the manuscripts by e.g. the use of adequate terms and expressions.
3- Ethical principles of the authors:
- Ensuring the originality and correctness of scientific contents within the manuscript (e.g. by avoiding data manipulation and including uncited or copyright-protected material).
- Avoiding a simultaneous submission of the manuscript to multiple journals.
- Certifying the written agreement of all co-authors by initial manuscript submission.
- Correct citations to all the included literature in the manuscript.
- If applicable, including acknowledgments to all relevant individuals and organizations, including the funding resources of the research.
- Keeping the order of the author names based on their level of involvement in the completion of the research and writing.
- Compliance with the general ethical principles in responding to the reviewer(s) and editor comments by e.g. the use of adequate terms and expressions.
By not abiding by the above-mentioned points, the editorial board keeps the right to decide accordingly.